Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMS 2013 deployment sometimes isn't completely installed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kefr
925 Views, 2 Replies

EMS 2013 deployment sometimes isn't completely installed

We're in the process of redeploying roughly 400 systems with autodesk products thru sccm.

When I made and tested the deployments they were all working just fine. In the real enviroment they're however not always working.

Sympton: When we redeploy a system and ask it to install autodesk products thru mandatory advertisements, they fail without installing any autodesk product. If we rerun the advertisement we'll see the system reboot with return code 1641 (success but needs reboot). This appears to be one of the 2 million prerequisites however. 

I can't find a log file in c:\windows\temp or in c:\users\kefr-adm\appdata\local\temp (the path the sccm text files suggest) that tells me what exactly was attempted to install however. 

I have a suspicion that it's our system updates (part of sccm 2007) that wants to start applying hotfixes to the prerequisites once it detects them. This would however mean that the setup.exe doesn't wait for the install to complete in order to return to the prompt. 

We run the packages by using the lnk files that the deployment setup creates - but with the added switches for sccm use. An example:

\\filit11\autodesk\ems2013-x64\AdminImage\Setup.exe /qb /W /Q  /I \\filit11\autodesk\ems2013-x64\AdminImage\EMS 2013 TD CK.ini /language en-us

note: We've also seen the install fail with error 259, but that appears to be because we didn't account for wan speed when determining that 120 minutes were enough for a 24GB deployment if we were to deploy 50 of those at once. So basically the ccmexec left the process running unmonitored when the time was exceeded. This is important because it means hotfixes shouldn't possibly be able to get applied during the setup for the first 120 minutes. 

I probably have not included all the info nessecary to find a remedy - if you need to know more, just ask. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: kefr

Did you check where your AI deployment places logs? \\filit11\autodesk\ems2013-x64\logs

If not then make sure that the option is checked when you go into the AI and modify it. Its at the bottom of the first option page. 

For each of the deployments you make, it will create a seperate log. Its a basic text log and will tell you alot on what failed.

Hope this helps.

Having an issue myself of the AI not responding and crashing when trying to get back into it to modify some of my options, do you encounter this as well?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am getting the same 1641 issue on pushing Revit Architecture 2012 from SCCM. Odd thing is... originally when I first setup the package... it was installing fine. Now it seems they all end in 1641, and nothing shows installed. If I log on to the machine and manually run it, it works... 

I looked in the log folder, but I think that since SCCM doesnt really go back to the source to install, it isnt making a correct log file for me to view as there is nothing in the log file at the source, except for the ones I ran manually.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report