Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual installation of ACAD 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tmilligan
224 Views, 5 Replies

Dual installation of ACAD 2012

Hi all,

I have an installation question. I run a contract drafting service and I am in the process of upgrading my system to Win 7 Pro 64 bit and ACAD 2012 64bit. My question is, can I install both version of AutoCAD, 32bit  and 64bit side by side? The reason I ask is one of my customers uses a third party add on to AutoCAD that is not yet upgraded to 64 bit. I won't have any problems with any of my other customers and would like to take advantage of the 64 bit systems as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Tony M.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: tmilligan
Message 3 of 6
tmilligan
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks for the reply David but have already read that thread. It doesn't quite answer my question. I would like to install both versions of ACAD, 32 bit and 64 bit, on the same PC. The third party vendor already has a work a workaround for getting ACAD 32bit to install with they're software package on a 64 bit system. SInce I only have one customer that uses this third party software I would like to be able to use ACAD 64 on the same PC for the rest of my customers. Hence the question about installing both versions on the same system.

Tony M.

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

no you can't have both version installed

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
tmilligan
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks Darren...kind of what I figured, not what I was hoping. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

The closest you can get is to install the Windows XP Mode virtual machine on your Windows 7 and then install your 32-bit on there. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report