Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped License problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hkaplan1227
884 Views, 3 Replies

Dropped License problems

We have small group of people within the compnay still using Acad 2008. We have network licensing for all of our Autocad products. I have this 1 person who keep having the same problem. His licenses gets dropped while working.He does get a warning though.  I had heard that you can set the manager up to drop a license if you are idle for a period of time. But, we have never done that. I myself have left drawings up all night and never had this problem. It seems to be a random problem and it does not happen every day.

Anybody have an idea of the problem

Howard Kaplan, Civil3D 2014
Dell Optiplex 9010
Intel I-7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: hkaplan1227

This can happen manually if there is an adskflex.opt options file with a TIMEOUT or TIMEOUTALL option enabled.  You can check for this file in the same location as your Autodesk .LIC file and also verify in the debug.log file if it is being enabled and if the user's license is being checked IN for (INACTIVE) idle reasons.

Alternately, the user can lose a license if he loses a persistent connection to the NLM server.  There is a heartbeat check that allows for about 6 minutes before the license is deemed invalid.  If no connection is remade, the user must save and close the program.

You might check for PING connectivity to the server to make sure that there are no issues with packet loss.  Could be a bad Ethernet cable or some other network related problem. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
hkaplan1227
in reply to: TravisNave

I read something about the TIMEOUT or TIMEOUTALL. But, wouldn't this problem occur with the other people using Autocad. We have 35 Cad users

I will talk tot he IT dept. as far as the connectivity issue

Thank You for the input

Howard Kaplan, Civil3D 2014
Dell Optiplex 9010
Intel I-7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: hkaplan1227

Agreed.  I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be connectivity related.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report