Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download not working correctly.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
curlyfrey91
1808 Views, 6 Replies

Download not working correctly.

It keeps downloading a ".lzma2" file rather than an .exe whenever I try to download Revit or 3DS Max.

Is there a workaround for this?

I tried the other download options and they don't work either.  It wont download the Download Manager.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi curlyfrey91, 

From what Autodesk site were you trying to download the software? Please do reply back with a screenshot of the error so we can look further into.

Do remove as well  the Serial Number information on the screenshot if there is for Security reasons. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 7

from the http://studentsmaintenance.autodesk.com website.

same thing for 3DS.

Untitled.png

Message 4 of 7

Hi curlyfrey91,

We are having Download Issue with the Education Community Site and we are currently working on the resolution. We will keep everyone posted once the issue is resolved. 

Do visit our Student Facebook Site or Education Support Team to obtain the download links. For 2013 versions, you can use our Trial Versions page. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Please note that the Education Community download issue has been resolved! We apologize for any inconveniences this problem may have caused and please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions, concerns, or issues.

Message 6 of 7
sandy.rad1920
in reply to: curlyfrey91

Hi! I'm facing the same problems again! Can you olease help me!

I deleted the file and redownloaded it but it still is downloading as .lzma2 and not .exe

Please help

Message 7 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: sandy.rad1920

Hi Alankaram,

Have you tried downloading from a different location?

Be sure to remove any existing files from your previous download before starting the new one.

Just as an extra precaution, please follow the steps below to achieve the best download performance:

• Use Internet Explorer 8 or 9, Firefox, Chrome or Safari to access Subscription Center.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.

Note: Internet Explorer 10 is not currently compatible with Subscription Center (if applicable) and as a result may not function properly. If you're using Internet Explorer 10, we recommend adding Autodesk.com to your Compatibility View Settings as described below:

• Hold down Alt-T, select Compatibility View Settings
  • Add "autodesk.com".

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report