Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download manager randomly stops downloading 3ds max 2015 and wont continue

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
CybranM
6735 Views, 10 Replies

Download manager randomly stops downloading 3ds max 2015 and wont continue

Hi,

I'm trying to download and install the student version of 3ds Max 2015 using the Autodesk Download Manager but it stops downloading at random and then says "connecting..." "Network connection is established" but it still doesn't download anything. It cycles these two steps over and over untill I restart the download manager and then it deletes the files it has downloaded already and starts over from 0MB and then stops at around 500-800MB.

I didn't have any problems with downloading Maya 2015 using the download manager but I've tried 5 times now with 3ds Max 2015 to no avail.

Not sure what I should do to get it going. I tried the "install now" option when downloading and it also stops downloading at random and when I tried to start it again it says "communication failure" and a bunch of "likely causes" with a close button.

I'm using windows 7 64bit.

Thank you for your time

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: CybranM

Hi CybranM, 

Please disable your anti-virus and firewall and download 3ds Max from the direct link posted below:

3ds Max 2015 64-bit

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 11
CybranM
in reply to: camilo.lemos

it did work.

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
brankoje57

I have the same problem with dl any software from Autodesk with ADM. Disabling Kasspersky does not help.
How to dl direct, without ADM?
Autodesk download manager stops receiving randomly.
I do not want adm on my comp! It makes me only problems, I do not need that!
Please send me direct dl link for Autodesk Inventor HSM 2015 EN-64
Message 5 of 11
peteristrate

Hi Camilo,

I have disabled windows firewall completely. 

I don't have an anti-virus.

And i just fresh installed Windows 8.1 pro

The problem seems to persist, no matter what i do.

While interrupting every half a second, the download speed drops gradually from 7-8mb/second to a few kb/s at 300mb downloaded.

The link you provided is not working(subscription error)

It seems like it's an Autodesk website problem as i've tried that from different computers as well and on Windows7 too.

Also, there are problems using all other ways of downloading or installing 3DS Max 2015 (through Virtual Agent, or simply Install Now from the website).

I simply find myself in the impossibility of downloading this software. I've seen that other people faced this problem but it's been solved by disabling firewall/antivirus. Also, other people are in my situation where disabling firewall/antivirus didn't helped at all.

Looking forward for a sollution.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 11
mesmerize
in reply to: peteristrate

Hi

I am also having issue with the installation of 3Ds Max Design...

it seems to be stopping at 6/10 all the time...

the link you have provided also does not work...

help

Message 7 of 11
jake.thesnake
in reply to: mesmerize

Same issue here, using download manager or browser download, it just stops... 2014 will come down fine, issue seems to be server side, or where the 2015 is stored on some server. I have restarted this over 15 times and it wont complete. I thought it was my home network, but same issue at a local coffee shop. Tried my parents MIFI device same thing. Again it only seems to be the 2015 link / download. I just went back and grabed 2014 fine.

Message 8 of 11
i3dz
in reply to: jake.thesnake

it would be nice if we got a response to these questions?!this just happend to me so its ongoing.....

Message 9 of 11
jessica.t
in reply to: i3dz

Hello all!

Downloads can sometimes be tricky depending on your browser and security settings. Try taking these troubleshooting steps to help a succesful download:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to my post. Thanks very much!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 11
i3dz
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello jessica,im quite shocked to be honest,why do we have to try all that to just download one program??other sites can do it without jeopardizing a persons computer security why cant a huge company like autodesk?

Message 11 of 11
jessica.t
in reply to: i3dz

Hi @i3dz,

These are suggestions to help ensure a successful download. Every machine is configured differently and these are just possible factors that could be preventing the download. It really depends on your system, many users don't have to make these kinds of efforts but some do unfortunately. Let us know if you still need assistance.

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report