Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Manager Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sumedhborkar
3799 Views, 3 Replies

Download Manager Problem

Hello everyone!

I installed the Autodesk Download Manager today so that I could download AutoCAD 2014. In the process (of downloading the latter), it gets stuck mid-way.

To explain, AutoCAD 2014 is about 3.65 GB and the download stops mid-way at 1.74 GB. There is no problem with the internet connection as it is working normally.

Here's the catch, the download speed initially is around 1MB/s, and at 1.74 GB starts decreasing till its idle (0 B/s); also it tries to reconnect to the internet connection every 2 seconds, but no progress.

Can anyone help me out?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
camilo.lemos
in reply to: sumedhborkar

Hi sumedhborkar and welcome to the forums.

Can you please disable your anti-virus and firewall programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent following the instructions on this link?

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 4
parkfabnsk
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Dear Sir,

It really does not help disabling as i tried 3-4 times doing same and yet my download is stucked since a week n more no backup n support through autocad yet....

i surely found out i m not the one facing same problem. n m glad abt it if can please try and fix this as soon as possible my download is stuck for over 3 hours at the same place & autocad service people tell us try re-downloading the software.... the data gets used up by 4 times already without an error

can only see like this CONNECTING... & then NETWORK HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED...still see 0B/s....

Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: parkfabnsk

@parkfabnsk

Welcome to the community...

@parkfabnsk wrote:

Dear Sir,

if can please try and fix this as soon as possible my download is stuck for over 3 hours at the same place & autocad service people tell us try re-downloading the software.... the data gets used up by 4 times already without an error

Not sure what you mean by this "the data gets used up by 4 times already without an error"

The easy way to fix this problem..  Don't use the download manager method..   

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report