Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Manager Fail

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Cadguru42
1625 Views, 5 Replies

Download Manager Fail

I'm attempting to download the Infrastructure Suite Premium 2014 using the Download Manager. It downloaded a little over 2GB of the 45.4GB when it said Network Error. Ever since it says "Server is not responding". 

download_manager_issue.png

Is this is network error on my end or on Autodesk's end?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
FT398
in reply to: Cadguru42

I had exactly the same issue when trying to download Building Design Suite Premium and Ultimate. I gave up and used the direct broswer download instead which worked with no problem. I think the problem is, as ever, the Akamai downloader that Autodesk seem to insist on using despite its constant problems.

Message 3 of 6
Cadguru42

After looking this up some more, I decided to ask our IT department if they were messing with the Internet. Turns out they blocked the servers because they thought they were under attack. Since the servers weren't coming from autodesk.com they didn't know what was going on and blocked it. 

They've unblocked it and I'll have to let them know every time I download something from Autodesk so they don't get worried and think we're under attack.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 6
Jroper

Do you know what exactly they needed to unblock?  I have asked our IT network guys to look into this and I'm still having trouble with it.  I think that might be the problem.

Message 5 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: Jroper

@Jroper wrote:

Do you know what exactly they needed to unblock?  I have asked our IT network guys to look into this and I'm still having trouble with it.  I think that might be the problem.

They asked if I was downloading from somewhere in Pennsylvania. All I know is that Autodesk is based in California and that the Download Manager doesn't specify what server(s) it's downloading from. They unblocked the servers in Penn. and it started downloading again. Must be something with the Akamai(sp?) net sessions. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 6 of 6
Jroper

I wonder if it is efulfillment.autodesk.com.  That is where it is downloading from when selecting browser download.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report