Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Error for Autocad 2013

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
bmoore011
4528 Views, 27 Replies

Download Error for Autocad 2013

I have been trying to download Autocad 2013 for 64 bit Windows (I run Windows 7 64 bit) and every time I click the Install Now button, the setup pops up for a second and then displays the message:

Setup Initialization Failed

Error downloading. Please Install Now again from the Autodesk website.

I've done this multiple times, but it keeps on telling me the same thing.  How do I get Autocad to install correctly?

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28

Hi coljz16998,

You can download AuoCAD 2013 from our Trial Version page, in fact all 2013 versions of our Products can be downloaded from there.

To activate the License, you just have to input the Serial Number and Product Keyfrom your EDU Account. You can also contact our Registration and Activation team directly for any activation assistance needed. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 22 of 28

I tried to download the trial version, but the same error pops out. it says its a network failure. i have included a screenshot of the problem.

i also turned off my anti-virus and my firewall, but nothing changed at all.

Message 23 of 28

Hi coljz16998,

Have you tried using other browsers? When downloading did you use "Install Now" button? If so, can you use the "Browser Download" option?

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 24 of 28

Hello,

I am not able to install Autocad 2013 student version.When I 1st downlad and install it ,I am getting the following message 20130326_231548(see attachment).

Afterwards if i try again i get this mssge  20130326_232058(see attachement)

Message 25 of 28
colintg
in reply to: philip.s

Hi There,

I am trying to find a link to redownload AutoCAD LT 2013 but the only version available is the 2014. Can you advise please?

Regards,
Rodrigo
Message 26 of 28
camilo.lemos
in reply to: colintg

Hi colintg, 

Have a look at this post which explains how you can re-download your software using Matt, our Virtual Agent:)

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 27 of 28
maryghun
in reply to: bmoore011

I'm having the same problem. I have attempted to download my free student version of AutoCAD 2013 on my 64-bit windows computer. I have attached a print screen of the "failure" message that I get everytime I've tried to download it. The last time I tried, I went into my avast settings and disabled my anti-virus setting. Any suggestions?

Message 28 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: maryghun

Hi Mary,

It looks as though you have an installation issue as apposed to a download one, of which we can identify the source (failure reference) via your install log.

1) Click Start menu (Windows) > Run.

2) In the Run dialog box, enter %TEMP% and click OK.

3) Click View menu > Details, and then click the Date Modified column header twice so that the most recent files are listed at the top.

4) The log file is generally called <Product Name>.log.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report