Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Error for Autocad 2013

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
bmoore011
4522 Views, 27 Replies

Download Error for Autocad 2013

I have been trying to download Autocad 2013 for 64 bit Windows (I run Windows 7 64 bit) and every time I click the Install Now button, the setup pops up for a second and then displays the message:

Setup Initialization Failed

Error downloading. Please Install Now again from the Autodesk website.

I've done this multiple times, but it keeps on telling me the same thing.  How do I get Autocad to install correctly?

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: bmoore011

Hi bmoore011,

If you can reply back with the information below, that would be greatly appreciated. Upon reply we would look further into the error.

- From where are you trying to download AutoCAD?

- Please provide a screenshot of the error

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 28
bmoore011
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I am trying to download the student version from the Autodesk website.  I currently have AutoCad 2011 installed on my computer.

Message 4 of 28
camilo.lemos

Hi bmoore011,

Can you please try to download from the appropriate link below and let us know if it works?

You will be able to activate it as Student Version using the serial number and product key you received from the Education Community. Don't forget to check if your anti-virus and firewall are not blocking content from our websites.

*Please, note that these links are valid only for 48 hours.

Click here for the 32-bit version of AutoCAD 2013.

Click here for the 64-bit version of AutoCAD 2013.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 28

I am receiving the same error with AutoCAD 2013 on a 64 bit Windows 7 PC.  Did the links work for you?   Could I get the links as well.

Message 6 of 28

Hi mestrada.student:

You can download the trial version and activate it using your serial number and product code or use the link I have generated for you, AutoCAD 2013, 64 bit. The link is valid only for 3 days. Please make sure that you check AutoCAD 2013 System Requriement. If you encounter any further installation issue, provide us a screen shot so we may be able to troubleshoot further.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 7 of 28

I get the same error. When I try the links above I'm always redirected to this page (see attachment)

And when I click continue I come at the same page.

Can somebody help me please? Thanks

PS: I speak Dutch so sorry for the possible bad English.

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: pieter.boonen

Hi Pieter,

The direct download link in the above posting was timed at 72hrs which would explain why it's no longer valid. 

As a workaround to the Install Now error in the Education Community, you can download via an alternative method (Download Now, or Browser Download) or directly from the specific product trials page (only current release) which for AutoCAD can be found here.

Message 9 of 28
u0226965
in reply to: philip.s

Hi,

I am a student account holder and I am having issues installing AutoCAD 2013.  I have tried the "Install Now, Download Now" options and when I click run an Error Message pops up which I have made a screenshot paste below.

I think the issue might be with installation and not necessarily file download but i'm not sure.

Might be worthwile mentioning that I have previously downloaded and installed AutoCAd Civil 2010 on this laptop and AutoCAD 2012 on another with no unexpected issues.

Thanks

Joseph

Message 10 of 28
celine.manca
in reply to: u0226965

Hi u0226965,

First of all, welcome to our forums Smiley Wink

Did you try to turn off the firewall and anti-virus ? If you still have the issue, I suggest that you download the trial version from our website and activate it with your Student serial number.

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 11 of 28
u0226965
in reply to: celine.manca

Hello Celine,

Thanks for your response.  I did turn off windows firewall and antivirus several time with no success..I have also tried the link you sent but I'm still having the same pop up message during setup.

Basically even the trial version won't install.  Any more ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 12 of 28
philip.s

Hi Joseph,

As a workaround for the Install Now error that you received, I'd suggest downloading via an alternative method (Download Now, or Browser Download) from the Education Community.

Message 13 of 28
u0226965
in reply to: philip.s

Hello Philip,

Thank you for responding.  I hate to admit it but I am now at my wits end with this.  The "Browser Download" method you suggested was an improvement but during the installation a new error message popped up -

Then I got this at the end of the installation process -

I have tried it all.." Install Now, Download Now, Free version, trial version and now Browser Download"!  I've even turned off anti-virus, firewall, pop up blocker, everything just one step away from actually turning off the laptop!

I'm sorry if my frustration comes across but I'm desperate and dont like conceding to technology.

Any help is appreciated.

Joseph

Message 14 of 28
philip.s

Don't worry Joseph, we'll get through this one together!

You're going to need to look at the installation log to see what the specific failure cause is, but the corresponding solutions for that "some products failed to install" error can be found here.

Hope this makes sense and please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Message 15 of 28
brdavies1
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I see mto be having the same error as the other people is their any way I coulld get those links that you were talking about?

Message 16 of 28
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: brdavies1

Hi brdavies1,

Refer to the links below to download your AutoCAD 2013. I have timed it to expire within 72 hours.

AutoCAD 2013 - 32 bit

AutoCAD 2013 - 64 bit

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 17 of 28

Hi- I am trying to download AutoCad 2013 from the education community website- when I got to the step where it said I could choose from one of three methods, it only offered me the Browser Download so I clicked on that.  It has started the download but it is only about 1/10th of the way and is stuck there (for an hour).  I am on a Mac but on Parallels and have Windows 7 Home Premium as the operating system.  Help appreciated.  

Message 18 of 28

Hi stacysnowman,

Have you tried disabling your firewall or turning off your anti-virus prior to download?

If you still  cannot download, do try downloading the Trial Version of the software from our website. After which activate it using the Serial Number generated from your Education Community account. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 19 of 28
coljz16998

i also seem to have the exact error as the others. im trying to download autocad 2013 from the education community, where can i get the links mentioned?

Message 20 of 28

I can't download autocad 2013 from education department. Where do i get the links you mentioned??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report