Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Autodesk Inventory Adviser install a client on each machine?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
warrenandy
686 Views, 5 Replies

Does the Autodesk Inventory Adviser install a client on each machine?

Does anyone know if the AIA installs a client? Also do you need full Domain Admin rights or just local Admin rights over all the machines?

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
scott.baker
in reply to: warrenandy

Just local admin rights on the target machine(s) is required.  This can be a domain admin or some other type of admin account so as long as it has administrative rights on the local computers.  If connecting to Active Directory to import a list of machines, you need the appropriate credentials to connect to the domain controller.

Scott Baker
Automation & Licensing
Message 3 of 6
andrew.warren
in reply to: scott.baker

Does it leave anything behind? I don't remember it leaving anything installed or running the last time I did this, but the IT masters want me to ask to be sure... It does NOT actually install anything does it? The way i remember it being explained before was it just reads the registry and then backs out of the machine. Is that correct?

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 4 of 6
scott.baker
in reply to: andrew.warren

Nothing will be left behind.  It is configured out of the box to be an agent-less scan via WMI which in turn reads the registry.  Nothing more than that.

Scott Baker
Automation & Licensing
Message 5 of 6
andrew.warren
in reply to: scott.baker

One more Q: and I will be good to go... What are the install requierments? I tried to install it on the LM Server and it does not seem to what to run. It gives me the splash screen and never goes any further? The server is about dead and is slated to eb replaced as soon as IT can get to installing the new one. Should this be ran from a desktop machine?

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 6 of 6
scott.baker
in reply to: andrew.warren

Highly recommend installing and running only from Windows XP or WIndows 7.  Avoid Vista and server-class operating systems to ensure a smooth run.  Also be sure to check out the port requirements in the quick start guide.

Scott Baker
Automation & Licensing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report