Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a deployment made on Win 7 32-Bit work for installing to Win XP 32-Bit?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
202 Views, 2 Replies

Does a deployment made on Win 7 32-Bit work for installing to Win XP 32-Bit?

Does a deployment made on Windows 7 32-Bit work for installing to Windows XP 32-Bit?

I made a deployment for Inventor 2011 Pro 32-Bit on my Windows 7 32-Bit laptop, it installed great to the Windows 7 machines that I tested. When I tried to install it to a Windows XP 32-Bit machine the laptop rebooted during the install and corrupted the registry permissions to the point that no user accounts including admin accounts could make changes to the registry. I ended up reinstalling the guys computer so that he could use cad again. Was this a fluke or a no no, I have to upgrade some Windows XP people from Inventor 2008 to 2011 Pro tomorrow and don't want to bork their windows install with this deployment if it is bad.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I tried another machine and it rebooted also during the install and when it logs back in any install progress is lost. I am trying again after modifying the deployment to not include any service packs.

I will update.

Message 3 of 3
kevin.moore
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I have created many AutoCAD deployments on Windows 7 and installed those deployments on XP SP3 systems.

From what you described, the problem is "Pending Windows Updates" on the target XP SP3 system.

At a minimum, I suggest rebooting the target XP system before running a deployment to install AutoCAD on the system.  Even better, if to run Windows Update (more than once) on the XP target system, the REBOOT the system.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report