Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Suites contain all three versions just activated by SN?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
warrenandy
177 Views, 7 Replies

Do Suites contain all three versions just activated by SN?

We have Factory and Product Design Suits, all three versions (Standard, Premium and Ultimate). Can I install any version from any Key? Then just use the correct SN? It really doesn't matter to us because we use Network licenses so we install Ultimate on all machines then the LM deals out what users need. My question is if I grab a Standard and use the Ultimate SN will it install everything?

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: warrenandy

If it is indeed a network seat, install the ultimate and it will pull the licenses from the lower suites until a heftier license is needed.  However, it will not relinquish a license until it is closed and relaunched. You should be good to go.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
warrenandy
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you Travis, let me ask it a different way...

Is the physical media the same on the USB for Standard as it is for Ultimate?

Ie if I had standalone seats and I was to install PDS using the Ultimate SN but the Standard USB would I get the same results as I would using the Ultimate SN with the Ultimate USB? I ask more out of curiosity than necessity...

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 4 of 8
warrenandy

Just checked the Standard USB it is only 14GB Where the Ultimate is 24GB of data. So I would guess no is the answer if I was to try what I was suggesting.

I was thinking worse case if a user grabbed the wrong one. But looks like if they do they will have to reinstall if they did...

Thanks

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

It's my understanding that the suites contain all the same products, they're just activated by the correct serial and product key. This is because you can't install all three at the same time so it's all handled by licensing only.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
warrenandy

Nope the USB has fewer files on the Standard version than the Ultimate...

I just checked the Premium and it is the same as the Standard USB so maybe Ult has a few more things with it.

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. Always install all of your suites with Ultimate and it will properly cascade.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
warrenandy

I was more interested in the Physical USBs because I have e so many to do. I was thinking I could use all three if I had to. It is kind of moot because I am using Deployments but I was more curious if it was their if I needed it. I am also having problems creating a deployment and ADSK thinks I may have a bad key. That would have allowed me to check if all three where the same I could have just grabbed another and used it. Instead I had to order a new one and wait a couple days only o find out it is NOT the key...

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report