Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directx Runtime Failure on 3ds max 2011 & 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
carnakwarhammer
1522 Views, 8 Replies

Directx Runtime Failure on 3ds max 2011 & 2012

Hello everyone,

Today I'm trying to install 3ds max but keep running into a problem that I can't resolve. I searched across the vast internet and haven't found anything that helps.

After installation, 3ds Max tells me that the installation has failed and to view the log to find the problem. Everything seems to install correct until I see the problem: Rollback  DirectX® Runtime UpdateFailedFailure is ignored, Result=1619

I can't seem to find the solution to this problem, I would really like some help as soon as possible.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Can anyone please help me?

Message 3 of 9

Welcome to the Community!

Install	Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 32-bit	Failed	Installation aborted, Result=1603

That is where your problem exists.  Do you have the larger install log in your %TEMP% folder?  Also, what is your OS?  This version of Max is not supported on Win8, just in case you are trying that.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9

Thank you for replying Travis!

I currently do not have a larger version in my Temp folder however I do have 3ds Max 2012 log file when i tried installing that version instead (still same problem),and my current OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

Message 5 of 9

It appears your %TEMP% folder might be on D:\.  Do you have enough room on D:\?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 9

Yes, i needed to set my temp folder to my largest Hard drive to keep space free in my SSD. I have enough space for both drives. I have tried to install on each drive.
Message 7 of 9

In that temp location, you should still have another installation log that is larger. It should contain more information to the reason for your 1603 failure.

You might consider clearing out that folder then reinstalling.  Should make the file easier to find.  Heck, clearing temps sometimes actually allows the program to install.  Might be worth a shot.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 9

Hey Travis, sorry it took so long for a reply but i was able to find the file. Didn't expect it to be named Max Installation. However, I can't put the fiel in the attachments because it is currently too big. Have an alternative?

Message 9 of 9

Zip it.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report