Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Connect 2011 not initializing

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
551 Views, 0 Replies

Direct Connect 2011 not initializing

Hello,

I'm a student of Industrial Design and have been using Autodesk products over the course of my studies with great success. Right now I am working on a project and, after designing and building my project in AliasStudio 2009, I went on to render in Showcase 2011.

After taking a two day break, I wanted to resume my work with Showcase but unfortunatly ran into an issue. Before going back to Showcase I have tweaked my model in AliasStudio. When I tried to import the new version into my existing scene, a little window popped up saying DirectConenct 2011 would be started, as usual. BUT for reasons unkown to me it didnt go away as it should, instead it stay there, locking the application.

I am running Win7 64bit, Showcase 64 on an AMD 4200+ DualCore CPU, 4GB RAM, Radeon 4870 1GB. Considering software, I'm using the build-in firewall with Vista Firewall Control added in. I have double checked all settings and Showcase is listed in both tools with acces rights given. I have uninstalled both Showcase and DirectConnect and reinstalled both. I have even opened up port 1187 manually since DirectConnect uses it. I have tried changing Direct Connect settings as suggested within the help file to another port, with no success. I have reinstalled Java and even installed Java 64bit using IE I usually disgust. I have checked Services in Win7 to see if there is a process I could start manually but there is none as far as I can tell.

Alas, that popup window just sits there leaving me puzzled, even more so as a few days ago it used to work just fine. Since then no changes to the system have been made. I have completly run out of ideas how to fix this so any input would be greatly appreciated. As a workaround I am going to install Showcase 32bit on my laptop but its not nearly as strong as the desktop which I would greatly prefer working on.

Update: After leaving Showcase alone while writing this post, a new dialogue popped up stating "Showcase could not find an up-to-date version of Autodesk DirectConnect. DC dir: %path% - DC version: [blank] .... As I was researching a solution I have downloaded a lone DirectConnect application but trying to install that, it said I'm running the newest DirectConnect version. You may consider me officially dispaired now...

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report