Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Licence Edition installations on different user accounts under Windows

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Djonma
242 Views, 2 Replies

Different Licence Edition installations on different user accounts under Windows

Hi there,

I have the free student version of various bits of Autodesk software such as Maya 13, and my boyfriend has a purchased edition of Autodesk Creative Suite the Education version.

Currently his pc is incapable of running such software - he needs a new pc, so he is going to use his copy of the Creation Suite on my laptop. However, I want to use the free student version on my laptop as well. Is it possible for me to install my student licence restricted version under my user account on Windows, and his purchased copy under his user account so that they run ok but with the different licence on each user?

OS is Windows 7 64, don't think you really need laptop specs for this question.

Regards,

Nicola

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Djonma

i don't beileve you can do that

if you install it on 1 user profile it will be on all windows user profiles on that machine

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Djonma
in reply to: DarrenP

Hmm, is there no way of overcoming this? I don't want to just use his version as I have the free Student licence and his is purchased and registered in his name, so it feels rather wrong to try and use his. But likewise, we don't want him to use my version as it's registered for me, and he paid for his so should be using that.

I guess it's not a common problem..

Nicola

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report