Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Suite Premium 2014 installation error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
zschmitt42
266 Views, 2 Replies

Design Suite Premium 2014 installation error

I am trying to install the Design Suite 2014 on one of my work's windows 7 machines. during the initialization process it shows the error that it cannot open drive or file c:\users\admini~1\local\appdata\temp.. and then some other folder info. The main issue I see is that I do not have any user profile by the name of Admini~1 so such a folder does not exist. Is there a reason that the Program needs to open this particular file? or is it a formated issue in the setup files looking for the wrong host?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: zschmitt42

Welcome to the community.

That location is simply the 8.3 path location for the %TEMP% folder in the Administrator account.  That being said, I have to assume you are installing as Administrator or that your program was already installed as Administrator.  In any case, clear the contects of that folder and then reinstall ensuring that you are indeed a local administrator, UAC is off, and your anti-virus temporarily disabled (especially if Trend Micro.)

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
zschmitt42
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you Very Much. I had forgotten that Trend Micro was the Aniti-virus Used by my company Thank you Very Much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report