Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Suite Premium 2014 installation error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Tibor_sk
825 Views, 3 Replies

Design Suite Premium 2014 installation error

Hi,

I downloaded Building Design Suite 2014 yesterday and I am unable to install it. It throws an unhandled exception during the installation initialization. In fact, I'm getting the same error as in this topic and it is on attached picture.

I tried to run the setup in safe mode and the installation initialization went just OK, but the installation crashed later, probably because of some part of system missing in the safe mode.

I assume something in normal mode is interfering with the installation. I tried to terminate all unnecessary processes, but without any success.

Can anybody help? What additional information should I give? I'll post the log as said in the other topic tommorow, as I don't have acces to the computer now.

Thanks for help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Tibor_sk
in reply to: Tibor_sk

Hi,

There wasn't created any log file during last installation. But there were created different files: ads3356.tmp, adsk_setup_minidump.dmp, ads2AB0.tmp. I changed their extensions to txt because the web interface won't allow me to send them.

Although I found an older log file looking like this: 

2013/6/29:18:03:01 Win7 WIN7-PC === Setup started on WIN7-PC by Win7 ===
2013/6/29:18:03:01 Win7 WIN7-PC Launch
2013/6/29:18:03:10 Win7 WIN7-PC === Setup ended ===

It doesnt seem to have any meaning

Hope it helps

Message 3 of 4
Tibor_sk

Hello,

I finally managed to solve the problem alone. I can't guarantee correct installation with this and maybe I screwed something up, but so far everything works just fine. I don't know what was the problem, only that I bypassed it. I think this is still better than reinstalling whole system. But do it at your own risk and only if all other solutions fail.

I booted the safe mode, as this was the only way how to get through the instalation initialization. I got through it but the problem was that the installator service doesn't start in safe mode, so I had to start it manually. You can find plenty of manuals all over the Internet how to do it. And then I just installed (almost) normally.

Only during Revit installation I had to start an Autodesk made service manually, again because of safe mode. And I couldn't click on one option because the installation would end with an error.

I just expected more help form you guys. It's been here for 2 days and noone answered even with some basic help. I had to solve it myself at last.

I am writing this in hope that it will help someone. So if you decide to give it a shot, feel free to ask anything: misko256@gmail.com

Have a nice day

Message 4 of 4
iwaters

I'm having a similar problem.  I'll give this a shot and see if it works.

Thank you for posting your solution, regardless.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report