Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployments and Licensing - Product Design Suite 2015 Ultimate

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
627 Views, 3 Replies

Deployments and Licensing - Product Design Suite 2015 Ultimate

I've spent a considerable amount of time being able to deploy Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015. I've only created a deployment using a standalone license. I have 1 more standalone deployment which uses a different serial number and 1 more network license deployment with a different serial number (licensed for 4 installations). I have documented what I have done so far, so at least I can replicate what I've just done if need be. My question is that, do I have to create a separate "deployment" for each installation? Since I'll only be deploying the Ultimate version, source files for both the prerequisite and product suite should be the same, it would make sense that there is something I can change so I prevent duplicating a 30GB+ package on our servers just because of a serial number. I've gone and checked documentation in support, old and new, and outside sources, ie. ITNinja, and I can't identify an approach to prevent data duplication. Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Really? I've asked two questions here and nobody knows??

Message 3 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

You shouldn't need different deployment directories. You can just create 3 different deployment configurations from one folder. To do this you create your first deployment, then when that is complete,you go into the tools folder of the deploment and choose "Create & Modify a Deployment". From there you will have the option "Create a new deployment configuration using an existing configuration as a template. Keep the deployment directory the same but choose a new deployment name and make whatever changes are needed. Once you create it the result will be your deployment folder will have 2 shortcuts to start a deployment, one for each configuration however they can pull from the same source files.

One note, if your different deployment configurations will contain different sets of products it's best to make the first deployment you create the one that contains all the products so that all source files are there to work off of. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: asburyj

Thank you very much, will give this a go. I can't proceed with more deployments currently because SCCM is currently being challenged with the size of these deployments. I'll report back here of the outcome of the multiple deployments. Thank you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report