Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment to a Technology ICT Suite

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
482 Views, 5 Replies

Deployment to a Technology ICT Suite

Hi There,

We are looking to deploy Autodesk Inventor 2015 to a suite of computers (20 in total) - and possibly some high-end laptops too.

I was just wondering if you have a guide available or if someone can point me in the right direction towards doing a mass-deployment?

I'm failing to see any pre-made MSI's/ADMX templates etc - do I have to repackage your software in order to do a network deployment via group policy? 

I'm surprised this isn't under the FAQ!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Part of the install options is to create a network deployment.  This should be covered in the Installation Guide.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

From what I found there wasn't much information on this at all.

Does it literally create the MSIs for you?

Can you point me in the direction of the manual you are referring to please?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

In the process of trying to download the full installer (what a nightmare); the download consistantly fails mid-way through.

I've had to use a 3rd party download manager to get the file in it's complete state - only to see the same error as many others complaining that it is an 'incomplete' setup file.

Here are the direct download links to Autodesk Inventor 2015 Professional (BOTH files).

http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/INVNTOR/DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2015_English_Win_64bit_dlm_0...
http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/INVNTOR/DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2015_English_Win_64bit_dlm_0...

Once I've fumbled through the network deployment I shall report back.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hello How did you get on installing the application? I am struggling on our Vanilla network no help or advice from anywhere. I have a teacher that wants to use the product. all and any advice is welcomed!
Message 6 of 6
m_latz

Under this link you can find informations about the network deployment:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INSTALL_LICENSE/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-3F604C34-6A58-4E84-BB15-38651CFB30...

When you have created the deployment you can also modify for your special case. All is "readable" through a setup.ini file.

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report