Installation & Licensing

wazzaw
Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)

Deployment of same products within different suites

134 Views, 3 Replies
07-28-2011 06:00 AM

Good afternoon,

I've been spending a bit of time creating the deployment installs for various products within the Autodesk Building Design suite, and thus far everything works correctly.  The deployment folders all work correctly using Microsoft ConfigMgr (may be known as SCCM so some of you) and the setups provided by the deployment guides are spot on - kudos to Autodesk for making the deployment relatively painless.

Another site is purchasing the Product Design suite, and ther'e some crossover of applications between the two.  Rather than create another deployment install, can I simply modify my existing deployment using the existing one as a template, put in the serial number for the different suite, and then this deployment will be saved with a different .ini file so I can call this when using the setup.exe?  Or will this cause problems with the existing deployment?

Regards

Warren.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 4 (114 Views)

Re: Deployment of same products within different suites

07-28-2011 10:53 AM in reply to: wazzaw

You will need to create a separate deployment because the license coding for the product is built into the suites. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
wazzaw
Message 3 of 4 (96 Views)

07-29-2011 05:13 AM in reply to: TravisNave

But if two suites use the same application (for example AutoCAD 2012), could we not have two .ini files that the deployment would create - which then does the install and refers to the correct serial number for each suite?

I just don't want to have 2 large 4GB deployment installs of what is effectively the same application.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)

07-29-2011 06:16 AM in reply to: wazzaw
For network deployments, the serial number doesn't matter. Your AutoCAD can be deployed from either suite and it will pull an available license from either suite if available. That's how license cascading works. If AutoCAD is installed from one suite, it won't install again from another. AutoCAD takes about 2GB, so having two suite deployments isn't the end of the world. You could create a deployment without it if you want.
Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube