Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of same products within different suites

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
clientconfigarts
241 Views, 3 Replies

Deployment of same products within different suites

Good afternoon,

I've been spending a bit of time creating the deployment installs for various products within the Autodesk Building Design suite, and thus far everything works correctly.  The deployment folders all work correctly using Microsoft ConfigMgr (may be known as SCCM so some of you) and the setups provided by the deployment guides are spot on - kudos to Autodesk for making the deployment relatively painless.

Another site is purchasing the Product Design suite, and ther'e some crossover of applications between the two.  Rather than create another deployment install, can I simply modify my existing deployment using the existing one as a template, put in the serial number for the different suite, and then this deployment will be saved with a different .ini file so I can call this when using the setup.exe?  Or will this cause problems with the existing deployment?

Regards

Warren.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You will need to create a separate deployment because the license coding for the product is built into the suites. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4

But if two suites use the same application (for example AutoCAD 2012), could we not have two .ini files that the deployment would create - which then does the install and refers to the correct serial number for each suite?

I just don't want to have 2 large 4GB deployment installs of what is effectively the same application.

Message 4 of 4

For network deployments, the serial number doesn't matter. Your AutoCAD can be deployed from either suite and it will pull an available license from either suite if available. That's how license cascading works. If AutoCAD is installed from one suite, it won't install again from another. AutoCAD takes about 2GB, so having two suite deployments isn't the end of the world. You could create a deployment without it if you want.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report