Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of autocad 2010 via SCCM failing....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hudony
989 Views, 3 Replies

Deployment of autocad 2010 via SCCM failing....

Hi, I've read a lot of documentation (actually, everything I've been able to find for the last 2-3 days) on the subject and still, I cannot figure why autocad 2010 refuse to install via my sccm deployment.  Here is the story : I've created an autocad package and when I try to push it on a workstation using an sccm task list or a standard advertised application, the process stall (I can see in the process list that setup.exe is running but nothing is happening, hard disk stop spinning and I have to reboot to get rid of it) when it comes to install the software and server log is not giving me much infos and workstation logs are never created (even tough I've checked the box to do so).   I've browse the different autodesk "howtos" (how to create a package, how to create a deployment etc.) and I'm pretty sure that everything is set up as it should be.

I've read that AdminImage has to be included in the path and it is.  Directx 9.0C is also included (sp3 is installed on every workstation).

Weird thing is we can actually install it manually via RUN with the exact same string that sccm is supposed to trigger in his "program" component.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS.

I've already managed to deploy many other applications via my sccm server so I know his configuration is working.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: hudony

Check out the following docs:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2011/ENU/filesInstall/WS1a9193826455f5ff-75c1f7c3124f51ccbd1-5fec.htm

You will need to push out the pre-requisites before pushing out your Autodesk product.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
DannyHubbard

Below are a couple documents that may help with turning on logging on the clients and DirectX on XP workstations. Just having DirectX 9.0c won't always allow the installer to continue setup is looking for a particular month release, so try installing it from the AutoCAD DVD.

On the Server under the System Status and your Advertisment Status do you get any errors reported against the client machine?

What is the command string you are using to install?

Enabling verbose logging for installation issues
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1070015

DirectX and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1106168

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
hudony

I've had allready read those documents.

Anyway, I've finally managed to get it right.

I'll post the complete solution in another post so it can help others.

Thank you,

**This one can actually be deleted***

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report