Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of DWG TrueView 2013 on Windows 7 x64

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
justforthispost
7669 Views, 23 Replies

Deployment of DWG TrueView 2013 on Windows 7 x64

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with installing DWG Trueview 2013 on Windows 7 x64 through group policy's. I was able to successfully deploy DWG TrueView 2013 x86 on Windows 7 x86without any problems by GPO Deployment Methods. I used the mst files located in the SetupRes folder so I was able to deploy through GPO and not get the error message that I should run setup.exe

Now I did the same with the x64 version of DWG TrueView on a Windows 7 x64 computer but I receive the following error message:

Product: DWG TrueView 2013 -- Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acipps16.dll failed to register.  HRESULT -2147024770.  Contact your support personnel.

Is there anyone able to help me fix this? I have tried to get support through the subscription center but I can't select DWG TrueView as product.

Kind regards

Tags (2)
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
justforthispost
in reply to: vulkoek

Same here 🙂

Message 22 of 24

Anyone still having this problem, you need to install both the x86 and the x64 VC redistributables.

These are in the install package, in the case of DWG TV 2014 you need to install all of these:

\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2008SP1\

\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010SP1\
\3rdParty\x64\VCRedist\2008SP1\

\3rdParty\x64\VCRedist\2010SP1\

Which if you're deploying via GPO you can uncompress and use the vc_red.msi files within the redist exe files.

Message 23 of 24
rpeltzman
in reply to: philip.s

I tired multiple times.  It failed to install multiple times.

Message 24 of 24
rpeltzman
in reply to: philip.s

After painful hours of effort, I found a straight-forward solution.  Since I am effectively a teen-age driver with this stuff, I hope this gets to you and you can post it properly so the many others that I discovered having the same problem can reduce their search time.

First, I removed as much of the Autodesk files I had on my computer (not an easy task).  Then I went to http:\\www.autodesk.com.  As you scroll down the main page, there is a icon for DWG Viewer.  Install this version first.  This installs the 2015 x64 version.  When installed, open a dwg file.  Go to publish the file to pdf.  When you do this, a dialog box pops up and offers a link to open DWF viewer.  Accept it.  This will take you to the Design Review 2013 site.  If you install from the Autodesk website (just run rather than save), it should properly download TrueView 2013.  It did for me.  I now have DWG True View 2015, DWG True View 2013 and Design Review 2013 icons on my desktop.  They all seem to work.  (NOTE: I believe you need the current 2015 version to make Design Review work properly.)

By the way, I opened a few files to play around.  They opened.  But, this newer version of Design Review is not nearly as good or as easy to use as the former Voloview application.  I am a real estate consultant.  I merely want to open floor plan layouts and building plans from my architects, read the configurations and dimensions and make some simple red-line comments and notes in those files.  If Autodesk wants to provide free (or cheap) applications for guys like me, they should make it simple, easy and effective. 

Please cause this to get to properly transmitted....if in fact it works for you.  Also, please cause this to get to someone of influence at Autodesk.  Guys like me would be willing to pay for a simple application that does not require an engineering degree to operate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report