Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment creation problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rkmcswain
414 Views, 6 Replies

Deployment creation problem

Land Desktop Companion 2008

While trying to create a network deployment, I get to the
screen where you "Select the Products to Install" - and the
main product "Land Desktop Companion" is UNchecked and
grayed out so that you cannot select it.

There is some sort of solution in the dialog, but it's
truncated (since the dialog designers obviously were running
out of room in this dialog.... yea, right.)

See attached image.

Why can't I create this deployment?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: rkmcswain

R.K.,

Don't you love it? It's because of the DWF Viewer. For some reason it wants you to uninstall the older version so it can put the new one on as a prerequisite. What sucks is that even when making a deployment, the thing still checks your local machine for prerequisites even though it has nothing to do with the deployment itself. Uninstall the DWF Viewer first then try again. Might take. Otherwise, may need to download/install the latest.

Good Luck.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

TravisNave wrote:
> R.K.,
>
> Don't you love it? It's because of the DWF Viewer. For some reason it wants you to uninstall the older version so it can put the new one on as a prerequisite. What sucks is that even when making a deployment, the thing still checks your local machine for prerequisites even though it has nothing to do with the deployment itself. Uninstall the DWF Viewer first then try again. Might take. Otherwise, may need to download/install the latest.
>
> Good Luck.

No go. Same results.
Any other thoughts besides using a different machine?

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

That is retarded. I guess use a different machine, unless you wanna do some registry hacking or maybe the MS Installer Clean-Up Utility to yank it off that box. This era of product installs really irks me. I can't wait to see what they do in 2009.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

TravisNave wrote:
> That is retarded. I guess use a different machine, unless you wanna do some registry hacking or maybe the MS Installer Clean-Up Utility to yank it off that box. This era of product installs really irks me. I can't wait to see what they do in 2009.

Exactly. Why should the contents of a machine have anything
to do with the creation of a deployment...?

Luckily, I have a spare box today that I can use.
So now I have 3 machines and 4 monitors - all in the same
cube today...

--
R.K. McSwain
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

TravisNave wrote:
> That is retarded.

...as is the fact that it took 90+ minutes to create this
deployment....

--
R.K. McSwain
Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

Unbelievable.

Try MEP. It takes hours. Ha!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report