Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying via MSI / MST partially installs Inventor 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
brookfield
621 Views, 5 Replies

Deploying via MSI / MST partially installs Inventor 2014

I have recently created a new deployment package for Inventor Professional 2014. I initially tried to deploy this via group policy using the msi and mst files from the deployment per the install guide. I initially tested deployment via group policy on 5 machines. The msi did run on these machines and created an icon oin the desktop for inventor pro. However, when I click the new icon on the desktop, I just get a quick spinner icon on the mouse and the program never opens. I have tried using various users with and without local admin previleges. 

So then I tested deploying on a few machines by setting up the deployment on a globally accessible share and running the master lnk. This installs Inventor as well as 4 other Autodesk products on the desktop and everything works normally. At this point it is easier to just deploy this way than to try to identify the problem with the msi install. 

My problem now is that I can not get the software to install on the machines that have run the msi installer from group policy. I have tried to manually install via the .lnk, over top of the msi install. This does not install anything additional and INventor still does not work. I have also tried manually uninstalling all Autodesk software, the running the .lnk install again. Same result, the icon on the desktop and the shortcut in start menu does not open the application. 

So now my 5 deployment pilot machines are stuck and I can not get the software to install. Please advise how I could get these back to a fresh install state and just run the .lnk based install. 

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave Stewart

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: brookfield

Welcome to the community. 

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

That should get you started. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
brookfield
in reply to: TravisNave

I have done everything in the links provided, but it still will not install Inventro Pro 2014 properly. I even found a few more registry keys and tried removing those on a test machine. No dice. 

I also found that there is an Autodesk Inventor Simulation service that is installed and orphaned upon uninstall. I have manually disabled this on the last few attempts (before uninstall and reinstall). I think there is a reportable bug here in the 2014 installer system. 

Please let me know the best way to proceed. I have to get these machines working before classes start 10 days from now. 

Thanks,

Dave

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

If you are desperate, you can try this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

But you will more than likely have a registry error on reinstall.  You can fix it though from the additional instructions in my link.  Use at your own risk.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
brookfield
in reply to: TravisNave

I have tried your suggested method amd just about everything else possible. I can not get Inventor to install on any of the problem machines. I need to get this resolved and the applications working on all pcs for the class/students. Please advise how we can get or purchase support to get someone to look into this issue. 

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

What is the exact problem that is happening then? 

You can probably purchase support from your Reseller.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report