Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
walter.l.shearn
141 Views, 1 Reply

Dancing License Servers

I have a challenging deployment coming up and could use your esteemed wisdom…

i am currently working to deploy AutoCAD 2005 to several groups within my office. I am having some difficulty getting a license server that my server administrators will accept. Though this is part of the problem, it is not relevant to the question I have for you. I have started the FlexLM on a temporary workstation to help build the deployment. It is the current version and I have AutoCAD 2005 licenses running on it. I will be moving the licenses to a development server for testing soon and then move it again to final production servers within a few months.

My question to you is: Short of uninstalling and reinstalling AutoCAD on my customer’s machines with every server move, is there an environment variable that I can modify to change where AutoCAD will pull it’s license from. I have no way to predict what server I will be moving to. The server name and address will change with every move. Under AutoCAD 2000i, I could alter the ACADSERVER variable in the environment to change this. I am hoping there is something similar to it under the FlexLM licensing arrangement.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help with this.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: walter.l.shearn

There is abundant information delivered with the product (Network Admin Guide, Network Installation Guide), in the Help file inside the product, as well as copious white papers on the Autodesk site: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=4418410 --Cy-- "walt86ed" wrote in message news:610206.1093297266969.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have a challenging deployment coming up and could use your esteemed wisdom. > > i am currently working to deploy AutoCAD 2005 to several groups within my office. I am having some difficulty getting a license server that my server administrators will accept. Though this is part of the problem, it is not relevant to the question I have for you. I have started the FlexLM on a temporary workstation to help build the deployment. It is the current version and I have AutoCAD 2005 licenses running on it. I will be moving the licenses to a development server for testing soon and then move it again to final production servers within a few months. > > My question to you is: Short of uninstalling and reinstalling AutoCAD on my customer's machines with every server move, is there an environment variable that I can modify to change where AutoCAD will pull it's license from. I have no way to predict what server I will be moving to. The server name and address will change with every move. Under AutoCAD 2000i, I could alter the ACADSERVER variable in the environment to change this. I am hoping there is something similar to it under the FlexLM licensing arrangement. > > Thanks in advance for taking the time to help with this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report