Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWGPROPS - "Statistics" tab, "Last saved by:" BLANK

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kimmyz
514 Views, 4 Replies

DWGPROPS - "Statistics" tab, "Last saved by:" BLANK

When I use the DWGPROPS command in AutoCAD 2000i there are four tabs available in this dialog box. Under the "Statistics" tab, we are able to view various things such as "Created:", "Modified:", "Last Saved by:", "Revision Number:", and "Total Editing time:". On my computer, the "Last Saved by:" field is blank. I assume this is because AutoCAD looks to the operating system for this information? If you are saving files on a Novell network, this information is saved in the files' "Properties" (which you can check by right clicking on any file and choosing "Properties"). However, we are using Windows NT 4.0 which does not indicate the property, "Last saved by" when you check the files' properties by right clicking in Windows Explorer. Is this why I can't read anything after "Last Saved by:" in the AutoCAD DWGPROPS command (Statistics tab)? I know this field normally looks to the LOGINNAME system variable. When I check this "read-only" sysvar in AutoCAD 2000i, it knows my 8-digit login name. But for some reason, this login name isn't being indicated in the DWGPROPS' "Last saved by:" field. Is there any easy way we can get this information to list if we're using a Windows NT 4.0 network to save our drawing files? Incidentally, the "Revision Number" field on the Statistics tab is also blank. I realize that you must use a rather complicated procedure (involving AutoLISP) to get that field to read in the correct revision info. I'm not really interested in this latter field, but I really would like to see something in the "Last saved by:" field of the DWGPROPS command. Thanks for any help you may provide.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kimmyz
in reply to: kimmyz

If you don't know the answer to my question above, can someone please tell me a way to know which user LAST SAVED any particular AutoCAD 2000/2000i file? We are using Windows NT 4.0 as our operating system. When we right-click on any file (in Explorer) and choose "Properties", it doesn't tell us who "Last saved" the drawing file as it would if saved on a Novell network.
Message 3 of 5
kimmyz

Date: Nov/29/01 - 15:34 (GMT)
kzalec wrote: > When I use the DWGPROPS command in AutoCAD 2000i there are > four tabs available in this dialog box. Under the > "Statistics" tab, we are able to view > various things such as "Created:", "Modified:", "Last > Saved by:", "Revision Number:", and "Total Editing time:". > On my computer, the "Last Saved by:" field is blank. The LastSavedBy field is updated only if the 'acsiobj.dbx' module is loaded when the drawing is saved. This module is loaded automatically when the DWGPROPS command is used. If you add 'acsiobj.dbx' to your Startup Suite (see the APPLOAD dialog) the Drawing Properties information should be updated automatically each time a drawing is saved. This information will then also be available from the right-click Properties dialog in Explorer. -- Frank Whaley Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
kimmyz

Date: Nov/29/01 - 17:02 (GMT)
Thank you SO MUCH, Frank!! There is absolutely nothing in my AutoCAD User's Guide or the AutoCAD HELP info which would have given me the answer to this question. I even asked my AutoCAD dealer "How can I tell who last saved any given AutoCAD dwg file?" and he didn't know. (He's normally very knowledgeable and able to answer most of my tough questions.) I'm sure your answer will help MANY AutoCAD users in this discussion group, especially the CAD Managers. I wish that the AutoCAD HELP info included detailed explanations of ALL the .ARX utilities, including and especially those which must be manually loaded. If there is such documentation available, I'd appreciate you pointing me to the Web page or giving details about printed documentation which may be available. Thanks again!
Message 5 of 5
kimmyz

One last note... In Frank's reply to my question, he stated "acsiobj.DBX". I'm sure he meant to write "acsiobj.ARX". I loaded the latter file into my Startup Suite in AutoCAD and everything worked exactly as he described. I couldn't find any .dbx file with this name in the main AutoCAD 2000i directory. I'm guessing that the .dbx is included in the .arx?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report