Installation & Licensing

laurentmortezai5155
Message 1 of 4 (1,863 Views)

DWG Trueview 2011 unattended install (with progress bar)

1863 Views, 3 Replies
10-20-2010 07:57 AM

Hi,

Is there a way to install this application unattended using the main setup.exe? I know the /q switch installs silently, but that's not what I want. I'd like a progress bar. Also, I'd like to install to another folder rather than the default \Program files\.

I tried using the msi file instead of the setup.exe. It is more complicated since it requires installing the prerequisites manually (DirectX 9 runtime, msxml 6 parser, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable) but I managed to install fine. However, when I go to Add/Remove program and try to uninstall Trueview, I get an uninstall error. Apparently, it is trying to uninstall by running the main setup.exe, which is not there since I bypassed it by using ths msi. Arg....

Laurent

Product Support
hashim.mundol
Message 2 of 4 (1,825 Views)

Re: DWG Trueview 2011 unattended install (with progress bar)

10-22-2010 02:22 AM in reply to: laurentmortezai5155

/qb will show the progress bar with Cancel Button

Customizing the Installdir would need MSIEXEC and msi file. with INSTALLDIR Parameter;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Valued Contributor
skatterbrainz
Message 3 of 4 (1,587 Views)

11-19-2010 07:59 PM in reply to: laurentmortezai5155

As Hashim said, you can run the MSI with /qb to get a progress bar.  You can also use /passive.

To uninstall the app, look in the registry under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and find the application entry (it may appear by name or by it's GUID, but look at the DisplayName value to identify it).  Then look in the UninstallString value for the removal statement.  If it uses "setup.exe..." with a GUID (product code key), just copy that GUID and see if you can run it "msiexec /x {...long GUID number here...} /passive /norestart"   If often works this way, but not always.

-------------------------
Get the Visual LISP Developer's Bible 2011 Edition, and the AutoCAD Network Administrator's Bible 2012 Edition on Amazon Kindle
ssr_sparky
Message 4 of 4 (231 Views)

02-07-2013 06:05 PM in reply to: laurentmortezai5155

Can you tell me what the switches setup.exe w/ /t /l /q do? I understand /w and /q but not /t and /l . Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube