Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview 2011 unattended install (with progress bar)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lmortezai
2188 Views, 3 Replies

DWG Trueview 2011 unattended install (with progress bar)

Hi,

Is there a way to install this application unattended using the main setup.exe? I know the /q switch installs silently, but that's not what I want. I'd like a progress bar. Also, I'd like to install to another folder rather than the default \Program files\.

I tried using the msi file instead of the setup.exe. It is more complicated since it requires installing the prerequisites manually (DirectX 9 runtime, msxml 6 parser, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable) but I managed to install fine. However, when I go to Add/Remove program and try to uninstall Trueview, I get an uninstall error. Apparently, it is trying to uninstall by running the main setup.exe, which is not there since I bypassed it by using ths msi. Arg....

Laurent

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: lmortezai

/qb will show the progress bar with Cancel Button

Customizing the Installdir would need MSIEXEC and msi file. with INSTALLDIR Parameter;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
skatterbrainz

As Hashim said, you can run the MSI with /qb to get a progress bar.  You can also use /passive.

To uninstall the app, look in the registry under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and find the application entry (it may appear by name or by it's GUID, but look at the DisplayName value to identify it).  Then look in the UninstallString value for the removal statement.  If it uses "setup.exe..." with a GUID (product code key), just copy that GUID and see if you can run it "msiexec /x {...long GUID number here...} /passive /norestart"   If often works this way, but not always.

-------------------------
Get the Visual LISP Developer's Bible 2011 Edition, and the AutoCAD Network Administrator's Bible 2012 Edition on Amazon Kindle
Message 4 of 4
amorris3817

Can you tell me what the switches setup.exe w/ /t /l /q do? I understand /w and /q but not /t and /l . Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report