Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview 2011 error "Unable to run DWG Trueview.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RobertoTomarchio8050
10642 Views, 5 Replies

DWG Trueview 2011 error "Unable to run DWG Trueview.

I have downloaded DWG Trueview from the website and installed on my pc.When I try to run it I get the following message.
"Unable to run DWG Trueview. This may be due to one of the following reasons:
1) This version of DWG Trueview was not installed properly. In this case, you may want to reinstall DWG TrueView
2) You do not have suffiient rights to run DWG Trueview"

This is a common question that we would like to get a solution out to a larger audience of users. To resolve this issue you need to:

1) Make sure that version of the NET framework is higher then 2.0
2) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en

Roberto Tomarchio , Autodesk Product Support
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

When we get this error we have to copy Windows font lucitype.ttf from a machine on which TrueView 2011 works, to the machine with the error. TrueView 2011 then starts OK without needing a reboot/reinstall.

We are using XPSP3 and we use StruCad products (not sure if those facts are relevant).
Message 3 of 6

having same problem, and was already running .net 3.5 SP1.  downloaded .net 4 to see it that would help, and got nowhere...

any new fixes for this problem?

BTW, where can i find that font the other person was talking about?

thanks !

Message 4 of 6

Seeing this same issue on Vista SP2..32bit...with Admin rights, so don't ask.  Have tried uninstall/reinstall/repair.  Have searched for lucitype.ttf...found 0 files on C:\.  Have forced install to "Run as Administrator..." as well as the program itself.

Message 5 of 6

Had the same error message on Windows 7 Ulimate 64x after DWG Trueview 2011 installation. Next steps worked for me to start the DWG Trueviewer:

- In "Turn Windows features on or off" (Start --> Control Panel --> Programs and Features --> Turn Windows features on or off) uncheck .NET Framework 3.5.1 option

- Reboot

- Check .NET Framework 3.5.1 option in "Turn Windows features on or off"

After these steps DWG Trueview worked for me.

Message 6 of 6

I installed TrueView2013 32-bit locally with admin right without any problem. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it using SMS before I deploy to all users. Now I have the same messages like the discussions above. I have the admin right when I launched the viewer. FYI my system is XP SP3 with .NET 4. Any idea?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report