Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an install for AutoCad from the Education Master Suite?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mark.nelson
418 Views, 7 Replies

Creating an install for AutoCad from the Education Master Suite?

Hello,

I work at a university, and our software department is in charge of licensing autodesk products. Normally when they would order a master suite, Autodesk would send us a package of discs for each application. This time, however, we were instructed to download the package.

So now we have a huge folder (118 gigs), and I am unsure of how to create an install for just one application at a time. Ideally, I would like to be able to create a shared folder with just AutoCad, and not the rest of the suite applications.

Is there any sort of documentation explaining how to do this?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: mark.nelson

Run the setup and create the deployment as you normally would.  Only select the products that you wish to deploy.  Create and setup a share for each individual product  you want to push and create the deployment.  The process should basically be the same as it has been for years.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
mark.nelson
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your reply.

This is not the answer I am looking for, unfortunately.

We need to either host this application on our website so that students can download it, or be able to burn it to a DVD to give out to students. I understand that you can run setup and choose what items to install, but we would like to trim down the installation files. As it is right now, I must run setup from the root folder of the Master Education Suite. This whole folder is over 118 gigs. I have tried pulling out only the ACAD folder to only have AutoCad, but it prompts for the setup file. I can't seem to find a way to only have the setup for the one program.

So basically, I need to turn the 118 gig Education Master Suite into an AutoCad only folder where I can either put it on a shared drive or DVD that is hopefully under 5 gigs. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

You could probably do it with a lot of work and file surgery.  You could also create a deployment and modify it to work locally from a disc rather than a share. 

Do you have the licensing for what you are proposing? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
mark.nelson

Yes, we have the license. And all students must acquire their own license before our site allows them to download the software.

Before this version of the software, they would always send us the suite on discs. This was simple because we could then just upload the contents of one disc and that was that.

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

Yeah, the programs are enormous now.  You can try to extract the individual installs.  But chances are that a single DVD isn't gonna cut it.  Might be easier to just make the students go sign up and download the applications at http://students.autodesk.com

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8
mark.nelson

Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 8
DarrenP

you would pretty much have to give each student an external hard drive with all the software thats in the suite

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report