Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Support Case

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
neilyj666
1788 Views, 12 Replies

Create New Support Case

I am trying to create a new support case and find the system very confusing, clunky and frustrating.

What is supposed to populate the Supported Asset and Supported Product fields??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: neilyj666

support asset is where you put in your serial number

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
neilyj666

That's what I tried and this was the result.....it's a good way to reduce the customer complaint figures as no one can get through to complain....!!!!!

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
DarrenP

on the support asset click on the magnifing glass

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

its supposed to have the product name and version there instead of a serial number

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
neilyj666

Could only do it if the topic was OTHER - very weird

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
Brizza59

Very frustrating when you can only contact Autodesk through a form that they don't read anyway -

it has taken 14 days for them to ask me for a request code that I have already provided on the form.

Then you get put back to the bottom of the pile because you have to "re-open" the case that has just been closed by them and get "re assigned"  to a different person on the support team. perhaps they may contact me again by next week with another detail they need.

good luck you will need it.Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: Brizza59

You should consider support services thru a Gold Tier Value Added Reseller.  The majority of product support is handled thru the VARs. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 13
neilyj666

Actually got a reply from them by email and a follow up phone call within 24 hours of logging my support request

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
DarrenP

autodesk called you?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
neilyj666

Yes - they've done it once before as well........didn't really solve the problem though.....

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
elradsm

Ditto!!!!!

Message 13 of 13
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: elradsm

@elradsm

Welcome to the community and hopefully my (or someone else) reply will be beneficially to you.

Since you’re new to the community I just wanted to inform you this is a worldwide (public) user forum where users are assisting others. For any future postings you may do, please do not include any personal information (such as your serial #) in anything that you share (including screen shots & attachments) with us.

This posting is roughly 5 years old and things have changed since then.  What are you DITTO to?  If you have an issue please let us know what it is..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report