Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
igroup.kskoog
1035 Views, 8 Replies

Create Deployment

Our server is outdated and it may be awhile before we update it. Want to create a deployment for Building Design Suite 2014. What would be the best way to install the suite. Can I go "install on this computer" for all users until we get an upgraded server or can I create a deployment onto an external hard drive and use that to install for the other users?

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: igroup.kskoog

As for the deployment server location, it doesn't really matter how amazing the server is, so long as it has a decent network card and enough storage space. 

Otherwise, you can install direct from download as network version.  You don't technically need a deployment image if you choose not to.  I don't recommend creating a deployment to a removable drive though.  That one is a nightmare.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply. I tried to create a deployment on our server and I got and error message saying Building Design Suite 2014 is not supported by the operating system (Windows 2000 Server). So I could not go any further.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

This is normal. Create the deployment from your workstation and target the
deployment location to the UNC share on the server. Done.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
igroup.kskoog
in reply to: TravisNave

Ok I started setp. Now I get a message saying it cannot find "MediumImageLibrary2014.msi" file then it stops.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

You need to disable your anti-virus. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9

When I try to choose a location for the deployment none of my drives show. Only "network" is an option. Thru network I cannot see any drives. Our server is drive I:\ which is not listed on the "network" nor is any other drive. Is 2014 only "network" based and no longer able to install on computers? Or is there a setting I am missing? Frustration is kicking in. Never had this much trouble before.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

Create a share writable to everyone then use a UNC path as your target.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
emily.xu

Do not use mapped drive. Use UNC path for your deployment location, like \\computername\sharedfolder. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report