Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted File, download a fresh copy, What is going on?!?!?!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2183 Views, 2 Replies

Corrupted File, download a fresh copy, What is going on?!?!?!

Hey guys, so I downloaded 3ds Max earlier this week, installation went great, typed in my serial code, went fine, more things started downloading, I leave my room to get a cup of coffee and when I come back my dad is exiting it out and shuting down my computer. -,- .......Well I thought it would be no big deal, just download a new copy the next day right? I download it from the student free software site  and after i install it, it gives me the message "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fesh copy and rety the installation". Then it says CRC failed in Content/ADSKMaterials/2012/ILM/Common~1.cab. I look on forums, download from a different non browser downloader thing, and delete all old autodesk files that I can find. My evenings all week since last Sunday have been about attempting to get it to install, but after every time, it always comes back with the same answer. It seems like none of the other forums could figure it out really, I thought I saw one but it confused me with its wordings. Is there files that I need to delete first, and I'm not aware of their location?I swear I have downloaded it possibly 6-8 times. Im using Windows Seven, and my computer can handle the software easily. If you need more information to try helping me, just ask. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
rezariza
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report