Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt installation?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
itsupport
1496 Views, 8 Replies

Corrupt installation?

Having difficulties with instaling AutoCAD Architecture 2011 on Windows XP SP3 x32bit

I use the installer from the AutoDesk download page.

For some reason, upon completetion of deployent package install, I am missing the express cui.

I always do the following before initiating the installation:

XP fresh install, plain OEM CD.

get all possible updates from MS Update site

download netframe 3.5 sp1 and do all MS Updates agaub

make sure I am the local administrator

go to MSconfig and disable all non microsoft services and start-up items

reboot after each step

I was told by our BIM manager that the AutoCAD installer is super picky but i just cannot see what I have missed.

WOuld anyone shed some light on this please, its been driving me boinkers for weeks.

thanks,

PS would anyone have a link to comprehensive instructions on how to remove/uninstall Autocad or Revit fully? Apparently, I was told regular uninstall is not the way to go.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
camilo.lemos
in reply to: itsupport

Hi there.

Please follow the instructions on this thread to perform a full uninstall of Autodesk products.

I suggest you try a clean install of the software and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 9
itsupport
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you,

The unistall/install instructions are great.

However, following the suggestion to select "diagnostic start-up" in msconfig, this disables USB capabilities which prevents  from installing AutoCAD products from a USB drive. I do not have a DVD of any AutoCAD product since we download all our products off AutoDesk downloads as zip files. I tried burning a DVD with AutoCAD files. It does lanch the autorun setup and even lets me select the components but asks for a DVD when it comes to an "installation" part.

Instead of the suggested "diagnostic-stat up", I chose "normal start-up" but disabled all "start-up" items and disabled all non-Microsoft services. Following that, I was able to install AutoCAD well on Windows XP 32bit!

Now I am struggling with the same secenario but on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I followed the suggestions to remove all the necessery folders, registry entries from the previous unsuccessful install. The one thing to mention is that this computer has 3ds Max 2009 and 2012 loaded as well so I had to leave corresponding folders/registies in tact. 

Everything is installed but the "AutodeskSeek' CUI

Maybe I need to reinstall Windows and install AutoCAD first?

Thanks,

Message 4 of 9
camilo.lemos

Hi there!

Can you please try this and let us know if it works:

1. Try installing with UAC and Anti-Virus off. 
  2. Make sure Flexnet Service is turned on if Standalone.
    1. http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/licensing-using-standalone-licenses-with-selectiv...

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 9
itsupport
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thanks for the effort!

Unfortunately, yet again the Autodeskseek component did not load after the installation and checking with "cuiload"

What I did:

Reloaded Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1

loaded all drivers and Windows Updates

Made the domain administrator (which I use to loging) the local administrator

Turned off UAC

Msconfig -> disabled all non-microsoft services.

Msconfig -> disabled all start-up items (almost non since its a fresh install)

restarted

launched the downloaded Autocad 2011 Architecture 64bit installed by right clicking and specifying to install as administrator

The funny thing, doing the exactly same thing on a Windows XP 32bit yesterday, Autodeskseek loaded just fine.

Again, BIM manager said if the Autodekseek component isnt loading by itself, something is wrong.

Is there a installation log file I could check (where?) to see what have gone wrong?

Grrr! 🙂

Thanks!

Message 6 of 9
itsupport

Bu the way, This is a network licensed product

Message 7 of 9
itsupport

Is it possible that the 64bit package of AutoCAD 2011 Architecture somehow does not enable Autodeskseek cui by default during installation? If so, how/where would I go about enabling it (very much like Express is not enabled by default during the installation)?

I cannot think of anything else I could of missed, unless Windows 7 Firewall somehow interfers?

Message 8 of 9
niranjan_kamath

AutodeskSeek.cui file is loaded while using the default installation type. The Default CUI that gets loaded with AutoCAD Architecture is ACA.cui. to Load the Autodesk Seek you may use the command MENULOAD. Use MENULOAD command and browse to the support folder to locate and load the Autodeskseek.cui and see if this helps.

Location : - C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\MEP 2011\enu\Support

You must get a message that the cui is successfully loaded. If not le me know the error that you get on the command

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

line.

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 9
itsupport
in reply to: niranjan_kamath

After months of testing, reformatting, reinstalling Windows, reinstalling AutoCAD, trying out a great number of cominations and settings, I finally found a solution.

During Windows 7 (any flavor) installation, if you choose anything other than "English (US)" as a language,

neither of

Autodesekseek.cui (AutoCAD 2011)

Contentsearch.cui (AutoCAD 2009)

is going to be loaded (AutoCAD 2011) / installed (AutoCAD 2009) upon installing AutoCAD 2009/2011

bug? intended? either way, there it is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report