Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting to Single License Server, Client still seeks Redundant Servers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
phil-mcam
329 Views, 3 Replies

Converting to Single License Server, Client still seeks Redundant Servers

Running ACADM 2011. Switching from reduntant to single license server.

Installed new single server license file. Changed all LICPATH.LIC files on client machines to point only at this server.

Cannot start ACAD without formerly redundant license servers running. "unable to find license", plus a long lag while client looks for old license servers.

Everything works perfectly as long as the old redundant servers are online, despite the new license file and new LICPATH.LIC paths. 

What am I missing? 

Thanks for your help.

Phil

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: phil-mcam

try setting up this enviroment variable: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
phil-mcam

I appreciate your time with this. 

The environmental variable issue requires system down time.

In the mean time, is there some other setting I am unaware of? I mean, should I need to set the variable? There currently isn't one erroneously sending the clients looking towards the old defunct license servers. Creating this variable seems to be a work around for the way this ought to work where the LICPATH.LIC file would tell the client machines to look at the new license file, via LM Tools.

So if it's not LICPATH, and it's not my new single server license file, what's telling the machines that the old redundant servers are still in the loop? 

Thanks again,

Phil

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

It's not a work-around.  The license manager documentation specifies that the NLM will look for the vendor environment variable first followed by other methods.  The ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable is the most accurate way to ensure the proper connection.  Setting this variable in Windows is immediate and does not require any rebooting or down-time.  Make sure you can PING the new NLM server and receive a valid IPv4 (not IPv6) address and set your variable according to the KB link provided.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report