Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting from a Student License to Network License

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tstirrat15
672 Views, 3 Replies

Converting from a Student License to Network License

My problem is this:

I'm taking a theatrical drafting class at my college, and I registered for a student license before I learned that there are more floating licenses on the campus than there are computers running AutoCAD. Is there a way to deactivate my student license and begin using the network license? I'd like to be able to use the full version without the educational watermark if at all possible.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: tstirrat15

Hi tstirrat15,

In order to ensure that your drawings don't contain the educational watermark, you will need to perform a clean uninstall of your software, reinstall (can be downloaded from autodesk.com as a trial assuming you need the 2012 version), and then activate as a network deployment using the schools license info.

Please let me know if you have further questions or need additional assistance.

Message 3 of 4
tstirrat15
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you! I'm glad I still have the install file...

Message 4 of 4

In the event, uninstall and reinstall did not work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall it again.

You can find more detailed information here on how to fix this problem:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autocad-family-edu-and-commercial.html

Hope this helps.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report