Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting from a Student License to Network License

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
685 Views, 3 Replies

Converting from a Student License to Network License

My problem is this:

I'm taking a theatrical drafting class at my college, and I registered for a student license before I learned that there are more floating licenses on the campus than there are computers running AutoCAD. Is there a way to deactivate my student license and begin using the network license? I'd like to be able to use the full version without the educational watermark if at all possible.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi tstirrat15,

In order to ensure that your drawings don't contain the educational watermark, you will need to perform a clean uninstall of your software, reinstall (can be downloaded from autodesk.com as a trial assuming you need the 2012 version), and then activate as a network deployment using the schools license info.

Please let me know if you have further questions or need additional assistance.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you! I'm glad I still have the install file...

Message 4 of 4
INACTIVE_Timmy.DeAustria
in reply to: Anonymous

In the event, uninstall and reinstall did not work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall it again.

You can find more detailed information here on how to fix this problem:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autocad-family-edu-and-commercial.html

Hope this helps.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report