Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Maya License from Network to Standalone

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rocketseason
1001 Views, 2 Replies

Converting Maya License from Network to Standalone

Hello,

A couple of years ago I purchased an upgrade to Maya 2011 with a network license from a reseller.  We are now changing our network around a bit and it now makes more sense for me to move to a stand alone license. (I've only ever had Maya installed on a single machine anyway) I've contacted my reseller and they want me to purchase a new copy of Maya 2011 in order to get the stand alone license.  I'm not going to do this.

My question is, can a network license be converted to a stand alone license without a very expensive extra charge? Also, I have read refrences to a "home license"  Is this something I should look into?

Thanks for your help!

-Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: rocketseason

You've already paid for the network activation fee.  To go back to stand-alone would be doing yourself a great disservice.  All you have to do is run the license manager locally on your machine and it would essentially be the same as a stand-alone version.  Plus you would maintain the benefit of being a network seat if the situation ever arises for it.  My recommendation would be to keep the network seat moving forward.  It doesn't cost you any more money to keep it and it is a more versatile license than a stand-alone.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: rocketseason

@rocketseason wrote:

I've contacted my reseller and they want me to purchase a new copy of Maya 2011 in order to get the stand alone license.  I'm not going to do this.

you need to switch resellers

i believe there is small fee to do this i think

you don't have to purchase a brand new license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report