Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert standalone to network

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1525 Views, 2 Replies

Convert standalone to network

In conjunction with my network license borrow question, I am wondering how easy is it to convert a stand-alone install into a network install. Can I just copy the LIC file from another machine, which lists the server and mac address of the FLEXlm server, or is there something more that needs to be done? If I get forced into stand-alones now, and want to move to network licenses later, i would like to be able to do it quickly, rather than uninstalling the stand-alone and reinstalling as a network version.

Best,
Gordon

Best,
Gordon
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No

I'm full of good news.
When the deployment site is built you have to tell the adminimage what kind of image, multi-stand alone network etc.
Then by some top secret Voodoo the installation package knows what kind of licensing mechanism it is installing.

Again there might be a work-around but I am not aware of any.

John P.
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, the conversion from a stand-alone install into a network install takes less than 30 seconds and doesn't require any changes to the program at all.

You simply take an existing LICPATH.LIC file from a network version (or just create a new one in Notepad with the servername and MAC address) and place it in the program root folder when it should go. Then you make a small registry change that tells the program that it is a network version instead of a stand-alone version.

The program will then acquire it license from your FlexLM. Simple.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R16.x\ACAD-xxxx:xxx\AdLM]
"Type"=dword:00000019

19=network
2a=standalone

You can even do this in reverse if you have a network version and need to convert it to stand-alone. It will then give you the option to run a 30-day trial. This is helpful if somebody forgets to check out a license and they don't have a VPN to get one from the server.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report