Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert from Standalone to Network License

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
4699 Views, 27 Replies

Convert from Standalone to Network License

I have a standalone version of AutoCAD 2006 and want to license instead via our License Server.

I have exported the license to another workstation via the Portable License utility. Uninstalled AutoCAD 2006 from the original workstation. Reinstalled AutoCAD 2006 on the original workstation using a Network Deployment install set. Set the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to a valid license server.

When loading AutoCAD 2006 on the original workstation it reports an error that the license has been exported and must be imported before the software can be used. (It does give me 24 hours grace period.)

How do I force AutoCAD 2006 to use the license server and disable the standalone checking?

Thanks.
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Max_Headroom said the following On 3/12/2007 6:40 PM:
>
> How do I force AutoCAD 2006 to use the license server and disable the standalone checking?

Take a look at:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4891439

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 3 of 28
TravisNave

Ah yes, my favorite little fix. I better check 2008 to make sure it still works!!!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous

Thanks guys, it worked perfectly
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous

I have AutoCad 2004. We have a Lic Server. We also have 20 or so Standalone lic.

I am trying to do the reverse. I accidently installed a Net Lic, and i want to make this a Standalone.

i have tried the conversion from http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4891439

But in my Network Install i see the proper ADLM Key. On one of the Standalone machines, it has a ADLM key pointing to

"AdLMInfoPath"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Autodesk\\AutoCAD 2004\\R16.0\\Adlm\\"

I have tried bring in a new LICPATH.LIC. Tried to rename that, Also on the 2004 Standalone it has a license.lic not LICPATH.LIC

I am thinking that the best way to do this, is to Un-Install the Net version, then do a Fresh install from the 2004 Disc.

Our install is from a Network Server, so if i do a Reinstall it does not ask me for Path to install or Lic. Which i need to change the Default path for the install.

Thanks
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous

Re: Convert from Standalone to Network License
I have AutoCad 2004. We have a Lic Server. We also have 20 or so Standalone lic.

I am trying to do the reverse. I accidently installed a Net Lic, and i want to make this a Standalone.

i have tried the conversion from http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4891439

But in my Network Install i see the proper ADLM Key. On one of the Standalone machines, it has a ADLM key pointing to

"AdLMInfoPath"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Autodesk\\AutoCAD 2004\\R16.0\\Adlm\\"

I have tried bring in a new LICPATH.LIC. Tried to rename that, Also on the 2004 Standalone it has a license.lic not LICPATH.LIC

I am thinking that the best way to do this, is to Un-Install the Net version, then do a Fresh install from the 2004 Disc.

Our install is from a Network Server, so if i do a Reinstall it does not ask me for Path to install or Lic. Which i need to change the Default path for the install.

Thanks
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous

Has anyone checked to see if this works for AutoCAD 2008? I've got about 15 StandAlone seats of Civil 3D 2008 I need to switch over to a Network License and I just wanted to check before I did anything.

Thanks!
Message 8 of 28
TravisNave

Going from Network to Stand-alone works, but only for emergency purposes to run a 30-day trial. You cannot register or activate the network version's serial number as a stand-alone, so you will need to reinstall with the correct serial.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous

I have attempted this switch on a Stand Alone to make it a Network. I have pointed it to the license server with no problems. I open up CIvil 3D 2008 and everything is okay. When I open Land Development Companion 2008 it tells me that is cannot obtain a license. I know there are plenty of licenses available. I have tried this on several computers with the same result.

Any ideas?
Message 10 of 28
TravisNave

What is the license error code that you receive?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous

Its the standard "Cannot obtain a network license" message that I've seen before when all of the licenses are currently being used. I've looked at the license server and know that there are plenty of available licenses.
Message 12 of 28
TravisNave

Depends on the error code that it gives. What is it?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous

I've attached a screen shot of the error.
Message 14 of 28
TravisNave

This error indicates that the license for this product does not exist on the license server.

Tip of the Day: Holding Alt + Print Screen will capture just the active window. That way you don't have to crop the image that you are trying to capture.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous

So, what does that mean? I have several other people that are using the network license with no problem. What would cause the StandAlone users that have been switched to Network to do that? Should I update the actual serial numbers to match the serial number on the LIC file on the server?
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous

Did you change both keys?

civil 3d 2008 is in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.1\ACAD-6000:409\AdLM

ldc 2008 is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.1\ACAD-6018:409\AdLM

wrote in message news:5856162@discussion.autodesk.com...
So, what does that mean? I have several other people that are using the
network license with no problem. What would cause the StandAlone users that
have been switched to Network to do that? Should I update the actual serial
numbers to match the serial number on the LIC file on the server?
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous

Yes. I changed it in both keys.

Oh, well.

I appreciate all the help.
Message 18 of 28
jsteckman

Did you ever find a solution to your problem.

I am having the same issue and can't figure out what the problem is.

Thanks in advance.

Jay Steckman
IT Manager
Toothman-Orton Engineering Co.
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous

Here's the solution I found:

If you're using a 2008 version or prior (in 2009 this hack is removed) you can switch from a Network licenses to a StandAlone, but you cannot go from StandAlone to Network due to some "network" installed components that need to be installed for a Network license.
Message 20 of 28
jsteckman

Strange that the hack works in Civil 3D but not LDD... 😞

Thanks for the quick response...

At least now I know not to waste anymore time on this...

Jay Steckman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report