Installation & Licensing

*Gordon Price
Message 1 of 3 (133 Views)

Convert a FlexLM install to a standalone install

133 Views, 2 Replies
03-25-2004 03:58 PM
I have an existing install of ADT3.3 on the laptop. Everything works honky dory. However, we recently upgraded some old copies of Acad to Standalone ADT, and I would like to convert the already installed ADT to a new standalone licence, rather than uninstall, and rebuild the network install to be a stand alone, and then reinstalling again. Can this be done? Can I somehow tell ADT it is now a stand alone and put in the new SSN and Auth code, or am I stuck with an uninstall/reinstall? I know I can check out licences, but 1: in 3.3 that is not stable, and with our extra stand alone licences I would rather just use one and not have to worry about a Principal running off with the laptop and forgetting to check out a license :smileywink: That would not be a pretty situation. Crossed fingers, Gordon
*jerry milana
Message 2 of 3 (133 Views)

Re: Convert a FlexLM install to a standalone install

03-25-2004 05:03 PM in reply to: *Gordon Price
Gordon, You should uninstall the network version of ADT 3.3 and install the standalone version with the proper serial number. This way you will know your Principals are grabbing a machine with a stable install.. By the way, network license borrowing was introduced on ADT 2004. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Gordon Price" wrote in message news:4063720c$1_1@newsprd01... > I have an existing install of ADT3.3 on the laptop. Everything works honky > dory. However, we recently upgraded some old copies of Acad to Standalone > ADT, and I would like to convert the already installed ADT to a new > standalone licence, rather than uninstall, and rebuild the network install > to be a stand alone, and then reinstalling again. > Can this be done? Can I somehow tell ADT it is now a stand alone and put in > the new SSN and Auth code, or am I stuck with an uninstall/reinstall? > I know I can check out licences, but 1: in 3.3 that is not stable, and with > our extra stand alone licences I would rather just use one and not have to > worry about a Principal running off with the laptop and forgetting to check > out a license :smileywink: That would not be a pretty situation. > > Crossed fingers, > Gordon > >
*Gordon Price
Message 3 of 3 (133 Views)

Re: Convert a FlexLM install to a standalone install

03-25-2004 05:53 PM in reply to: *Gordon Price
"jerry milana" wrote in message news:40638175_1@newsprd01... > Gordon, > > You should uninstall the network version of ADT 3.3 and install the > standalone version with the proper serial number. This way you will know > your Principals are grabbing a machine with a stable install.. By the way, > network license borrowing was introduced on ADT 2004. I was hoping to convert, as I don't have a preset install via the Install Wizard for standalone, and the wizard doesn't let me start a new install based on an old one, where all I have to change is the license stuff. SO I would have to remember all my settings, then go thru the whole wizard process again, and then do the uninstall/reinstall. Not gonna happen for a meeting tomorrow, I am afraid. But yes, when R2005 rolls out, the laptop gets a fresh install of a standalone license. And I was squirly on the borrowing cause I have the R2004 version of FlexLM running, but it is managing a bunch of R2002 ADTs. The new FlexLM solved our 'slow to return a license' problem, but we haven't gotten around to rolling out R2004, which will now get scipped in favor of R2005 (I hope :smileywink: Best, Gordon

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube