Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert a FlexLM install to a standalone install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
310 Views, 2 Replies

Convert a FlexLM install to a standalone install

I have an existing install of ADT3.3 on the laptop. Everything works honky dory. However, we recently upgraded some old copies of Acad to Standalone ADT, and I would like to convert the already installed ADT to a new standalone licence, rather than uninstall, and rebuild the network install to be a stand alone, and then reinstalling again. Can this be done? Can I somehow tell ADT it is now a stand alone and put in the new SSN and Auth code, or am I stuck with an uninstall/reinstall? I know I can check out licences, but 1: in 3.3 that is not stable, and with our extra stand alone licences I would rather just use one and not have to worry about a Principal running off with the laptop and forgetting to check out a license 😉 That would not be a pretty situation. Crossed fingers, Gordon
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Gordon, You should uninstall the network version of ADT 3.3 and install the standalone version with the proper serial number. This way you will know your Principals are grabbing a machine with a stable install.. By the way, network license borrowing was introduced on ADT 2004. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Gordon Price" wrote in message news:4063720c$1_1@newsprd01... > I have an existing install of ADT3.3 on the laptop. Everything works honky > dory. However, we recently upgraded some old copies of Acad to Standalone > ADT, and I would like to convert the already installed ADT to a new > standalone licence, rather than uninstall, and rebuild the network install > to be a stand alone, and then reinstalling again. > Can this be done? Can I somehow tell ADT it is now a stand alone and put in > the new SSN and Auth code, or am I stuck with an uninstall/reinstall? > I know I can check out licences, but 1: in 3.3 that is not stable, and with > our extra stand alone licences I would rather just use one and not have to > worry about a Principal running off with the laptop and forgetting to check > out a license 😉 That would not be a pretty situation. > > Crossed fingers, > Gordon > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"jerry milana" wrote in message news:40638175_1@newsprd01... > Gordon, > > You should uninstall the network version of ADT 3.3 and install the > standalone version with the proper serial number. This way you will know > your Principals are grabbing a machine with a stable install.. By the way, > network license borrowing was introduced on ADT 2004. I was hoping to convert, as I don't have a preset install via the Install Wizard for standalone, and the wizard doesn't let me start a new install based on an old one, where all I have to change is the license stuff. SO I would have to remember all my settings, then go thru the whole wizard process again, and then do the uninstall/reinstall. Not gonna happen for a meeting tomorrow, I am afraid. But yes, when R2005 rolls out, the laptop gets a fresh install of a standalone license. And I was squirly on the borrowing cause I have the R2004 version of FlexLM running, but it is managing a bunch of R2002 ADTs. The new FlexLM solved our 'slow to return a license' problem, but we haven't gotten around to rolling out R2004, which will now get scipped in favor of R2005 (I hope ;) Best, Gordon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report