Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert 3ds max license to 3ds max design???

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GilesPhillips
196 Views, 1 Reply

Convert 3ds max license to 3ds max design???

We have recently, as a company concentrated, some resources, and the software from one of our branches has come back under my supervision.  Historically we have used 3ds max design in house for architectural visuals, however coming from our branch is a license for 3ds max (no design).  The additional license would be useful as we have 3 users currently squabbling over 1 seat.  However I think to use the additional seat I would need to install the 2 version of the software on each users workstation - this is not desirable.

I recall once upon a time when 3ds max split into the 2 product existing users were offered a choice of which path to follow. This suggests to me that the 2 products are of equal value.

Would it be possible as a subscription customer to switch a license so both were the same? Has anyone tried this sucessfully?

G

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: GilesPhillips

@GilesPhillips wrote:

Would it be possible as a subscription customer to switch a license so both were the same? Has anyone tried this sucessfully?

G

this switch isn't free

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report