Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Serfice doesn't work with new user profiles (Inventor 2012)

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dallaires
545 Views, 10 Replies

Content Serfice doesn't work with new user profiles (Inventor 2012)

Hi, I red a couple of posts about this problem but it's all related to older versions of Inventor. I'm a computer tech in a school that uses Inventor 2012. After cloning the computers, if I log in using a profile that was there before, I can access the content service but when a student logs in, nothing happen when trying to access it. I looked for the .exe.config files in the Inventor bin directory but could not find anything related to the computer name. The structure is different in this version. Is somebody experienced this problem with Inventor 2012. Thanks, Sylvain              

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
david.lau
in reply to: dallaires
Message 3 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: david.lau

is this autocad or inventor ?

inventor doesn't have content service

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
dallaires
in reply to: DarrenP

I'm not an Autodesk product user, I'm the guy that installs it and make it work! I'll try to be a bit clearer then. The problem is with Inventor when I try to place a part with the Place from content center option. If I click on the option, nothings happen. No error message. It may not be the exact option name because my products are in french... sorry. If I'm using an account (user profile) that was already there before the installation it's working properly. I copied the working profile over the default profile and if I use a new account, I get the problem. We are using Windows XP. Thanks. Sylvain
Message 5 of 11
david.lau
Message 6 of 11
dallaires

Hi, Thanks for your help but none of these posts help.  There must be something that doesn't get copied when a new user profile is created.  Before imaging, I had 2 user profiles on the computer that were there before Inventor installation.  With both accounts, I can use the content center option.  I then deleted my profile and logged in back so I get a new fresh one created from the default user profile that was copied from a working one.  Now I have the problem with my account.

I never had this problem with earlier versions of Autodesk.

I really need to find a solution for this problem, and reinstallation is not an option since it's always new students that are using the computers so it needs to work with the default profile.

Thanks

Message 7 of 11
david.lau

Is your class using Roaming Profiles?

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autocad-family-1324-error.html

NOTE:  Inventor also does not support roaming profiles.

David Lau
Message 8 of 11
dallaires

No, the profiles are local.
Message 9 of 11
david.lau

Are they Admin?

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS18138720

David Lau
Message 10 of 11
dallaires

Yes, all users are part of the local Admins group. I tried copying the registry manually from the user that's working. I also copied the content service local library that's in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Content Center\Libraries\ inside the current user profile and changed the path in the options. Still doesn't work.
Message 11 of 11
dallaires

No clues anybody? I'm really stuck... 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report