Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center not appearing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
MarkSmith9762
622 Views, 6 Replies

Content Center not appearing

Hi all.

We have 3 computers all set up with Inventor.  On one of the computers, the content center is not appearing when trying to place from content center.  The dialog box appears fine, but there is nothing in it.  The other two computers are fine and work properly and it appears that all settings are identical between the three computers. 

What can I do???

Thanks

Mark Smith

Precision Devices Inc.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: MarkSmith9762

are you talking about desktop content or vault content?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
MarkSmith9762
in reply to: DarrenP

Sorry, Desktop.  Vault is not installed.

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

it seems that maybe on that one computer the desltop content wasn't installed?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
emily.xu

I think you need to check the following things:

1  Make sure you have install the content center, open your control panel, in the programs and Feature list, can you find Autodesk Inventor Content Center Libraries 20xx(Desktop Content), if not, maybe you didn't install, so please install first.

2 Check your Inventor project, if you have configed the right content libraries and available for your current project.

3 Check your Application Options setting in Inventor, under the Content Center tab, make sure click "Inventor Desktop Content" and the path, open the path in Windows Explorer, you can find the libraries file with extension .idcl

4 Check the Filters in the Place from Content Center dialog.

Hope helps!

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 6 of 7
MarkSmith9762
in reply to: emily.xu

Thanks Emily,

For some reason, the librarys didn't install in the default location.  The were under documents and settings/autodesk/....

I wouldn't have found them if I hadn't followed your steps.

Thanks again.

Mark Smith

Precision Devices Inc.

Message 7 of 7
lisessan

I had a problem with it!  I was working very well a few minutes ago including the content center, but now that I was trying to use, it tries to open it, but can't do it! It just don't open I already check the if it is installed and everything is ok! What can I do?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report