Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
pedro.cabral
282 Views, 5 Replies

Configuration LMTool

Hi everyone,

Anybody knows how to create a priority for a user when using licenses?

I have a 13 AutoCAD Civil 3D working in networking mode, and I have 16 engineering working with it. 3 of then are project manager and they don't work all the time with the ACAD Civil 3D, nut when they need to work, they need to ask to someone to jump off the software to let him work. I need to put a priority to this 3 managers, but when I did it on the ADSKFLEX.OPT and put the RESERVE command to 3 licenses, I be stucked with this 3 licenses even with nobody using it.

I appreciate an answer about it, good or bad.

Thanks for the help!

Pedro

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: pedro.cabral

That is correct.  The RESERVE option will permanently check out the license.  What you can do to lessen this effect is RESERVE only 1 license for the 3 managers.  This will only lose one license for your pool but any of the three managers can access the 1 license shared at a time between them.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
pedro.cabral
in reply to: TravisNave

There's another option to do this? Like, let the 13 users work's with the ACAD Civil and when the manager need to use it he have a priority on it?

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Not without a reserve.  You can't just kick somebody off automagically just because a manager needs to get in.  All you can really do is reserve a seat for them but then nobody else can use it.  It's kind of a wasted seat if they never use it. 

What does your manager need to use the program for?  Maybe they can just use a viewer?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
pedro.cabral
in reply to: TravisNave

There's no other way to do it, like creating 2 server and give a priority to acess to the managers or something like that?

The managers need to analyse and set the final drawings on the project.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

No, not without reserving a license.  It doesn't matter how many servers you run because you cannot run more than 13 at a time total.  So all you can do is either reserve 1 license for three managers and leave the remaining 12 for your sixteen engineers, or you can have them install DWG TrueView and they can access the drawings but not be able to change anything.  It's just for review.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=9078813

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report