Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent Installs of Different AutoCAD Versions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Myoula
235 Views, 1 Reply

Concurrent Installs of Different AutoCAD Versions

Does anyone know if there is a list, a chart, or matrix that shows what versions of AutoCAD, Inventor, etc. can run concurrently on one machine? I am teaching AutoCAD and the teaching machine has everything from ACAD 2004 to ACAD 2007, various versions of MDT, Mechinical, Revit, Max, all installed, and they all seem to be broken - commands that don't work, diaologue boxes from one version popping up in other versions, "unknown command" errors, Express tools not working in all versions, damaged menus, material libraries that dissapear or cannot find sub-maps and images, etc., etc. I have looked in knowledge base but apparently cannot formulate my query properly to get to this information. Any help greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Myoula

All the versions can run on one machine. My training lab has all the available flavors installed for demonstration and training purposes.

I would recommend that you disable your antivirus when installing and make sure you install with Administrator privileges. In addition, do not use Norton Systemworks Windoctor, since it is known to cause many of the problems that you are experiencing. When doing an install, be sure to install a full complete installation to ensure you are getting all of your modules. And be sure to install them in the default location so that you do not accidentally install them over each other.

Some version of AutoCAD do not support roaming profiles and they are not supported on Terminal Services or other remote desktop solutions.

Good luck.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report