Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computers lost activation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
efpp
742 Views, 5 Replies

Computers lost activation

I have a problem where three computers in a lab are reporting that Civil3D 2012 has not been activated, even though they had previously been activated and other computers in the lab are working ok. One computer reports error 901 and says that I cannot use online activation. Two computers report error 123, invalid serial, even though the same serial is used on all the other computers without a problem. I checked the license server and I don't see any error messages.

What's strange is that on one client I saw the request for Civil3D 2012 show up on the license server. But when I closed and reopened the program I did not see further requests. I also tried it on another client and that one did not send a request either.

The serial number that I am using is a network serial number for Autodesk Education Master Suite 2012. Civil3D previously ran fine on all three machines, and Robot 2012 currently runs on them without a problem (no license errors are reported, and checkout shows up in the license server console).

I would greatly appreciate any help regarding this. While it's possible to use the program in trial mode for now, I'd like to get things working fully again.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: efpp

Products installed as network versions will not require activation nor give these errors.  What probably happened is that these computers need to be reinstalled as the network version and pointed to your NLM server.  The serial number is showing invalid because you cannot activate a network serial number. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
efpp

Thank you for your quick reply. I reinstalled the product with network license selected and a valid network license key entered, and I still get the same error.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Uninstall the product suite and then clear the CascadeInfo.cas and ProductInformation.pit files.  Then reinstall fresh.

Something is making the network version think it is stand-alone.  And it will not work until this is resolved. 

For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
efpp
in reply to: TravisNave

It turns out the problem was my own dumb fault. I had two deployments set up because some computers need the program on a different drive. I set the install type to network on the one, but on this one I accidentally had it set to use a local license. I swear that I had ran the program on every computer, but I apparently didn't. I apologize for wasting your time!

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

It happens!  No big deal.  The important thing is that you are up and running.  Smiley Happy

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report