Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer crashed with a borrowed License

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
SaintCrooner
815 Views, 6 Replies

Computer crashed with a borrowed License

Hello everyone,

We have have Autodesk Product Design Suite 2012 installed within our systems which is a Network Sever Model(Single License Server-6 Seats).

All licenses are borrowed to client computers due to Network failures so as to avoid inconveniences caused by this.

One of the client computers crashed with a borrowed license and had to be formatted.We have re installed the products, given the computer the same name and user accounts as before but still unable to laod the softwares.

Has anyone experienced this before,...and how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Peter K'onunda.

Numerical Machinng Complex Ltd,

Nairobi,Kenya.

NB:
Please consider subscribing to my channel and liking the video tutorials if you find them helpful.Click on the link below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GshqVfkFJ60&list=PLyPEPPwBZo_0cmW17EvVd2ZFGv1McTlFa

Regards,

Peter K'onunda,
ICT Officer/Autodesk Technical Representative,
Numerical Machining Complex Ltd,
Nairobi-Kenya.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: SaintCrooner

Unable to load the software?  Please be very specific about your error so that you can better be assisted.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
SaintCrooner
in reply to: TravisNave

Hey Travis,

So sorry i have not logged in here for quite some time.

Is there a way of getting back a license from a formatted computer?

Thnks.

NB:
Please consider subscribing to my channel and liking the video tutorials if you find them helpful.Click on the link below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GshqVfkFJ60&list=PLyPEPPwBZo_0cmW17EvVd2ZFGv1McTlFa

Regards,

Peter K'onunda,
Nairobi-Kenya.

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

no

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
SaintCrooner
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren,

Thanks very much,...but i think after expiry of the borrow period,or if you acquire a new file through re activation,

you will stil have your license back on your NLM.

Regards.

Peter K'onunda.

NB:

Regards,

Peter K'onunda,
Nairobi-Kenya.

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

Right, once the license expires, you will be set.  But there is no way to get it back from a computer that has been formatted.  What you could do is set up the computer hostname and username identically as before and reborrow the license and return it.  That should clear it the same way. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
SaintCrooner

Thanks a lot Travis,...i will keep that in mind.

NB:

Regards,

Peter K'onunda,
Nairobi-Kenya.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report